Join our team as a Workforce Support Officer
Do you have a background in human resources and contract management? Do you have experience in working in a multidisciplinary high performing team, and working with a range of stakeholders including senior management? If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be the ideal candidate for the Workforce Support Officer role at Terra Schwartz. As a Workforce Support Officer, you will be part of our team, providing high quality HR support to plan and conduct workforce management activities across the workforce, including contractors, APS and ADF, in support of line managers and the Director. The Workforce Support Officer will maintain the organisational structure and seek to deliver and maintain workforce accordingly. Ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks, including those associated with privacy, procurement, probity, contract management and financial management.
Your new role
- Produce high quality workforce data and information to support workforce planning, monitoring and maintenance of service executed Work Order service deliverables.
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant reporting to support business processes with a view to review, prioritise, streamline and automate existing operational reporting, ensuring the reports that are produced provide high value with minimal manual effort.
- Maintain the Organisational Structure (diagram) and ORBAT (spreadsheet).
- Identify, plan and execute APS recruitment activities.
- Monitor, plan and action ADF workforce tasks IAW the posting cycle and ad hoc changes.
- Ensure consistent communication and flow of information between vendors and the Commonwealth.
- Monitor workforce management, operational and systems and proactively identify opportunities and assist in the implementation of system enhancements.
- Work with the BMO team to identify, amend and revise processes facilitating a culture of continuous improvement within the enabling services of the BMO.
- Cross skill and support other BMO functions as directed, including contract and procurement management.
- Educate personnel in relation to procurement methodologies, contracting options and tender development.
- Assist with the development of procurement methodologies and contracting options to minimise the level of management, governance, and reduce costs of tendering to the Commonwealth.
What you'll bring to the team?
- You will be a qualified HR practitioner with specific qualifications or industry training (Bachelors or above) or relevant industry experience.
- In a perfect world, you’ll be based in Canberra though able to work remotely if based elsewhere. For this role, it is a requirement that you be an Australian Citizen and hold a current NV1 clearance at a minimum or have the ability to obtain one.
- You will also share the same passion for success: The drive to delight our customers, the ability to be seen as the trusted expert in any room and the vision to convert problems to opportunities.
Terra Schwartz is a 100% Australian-owned SME headquartered in Canberra. We work with state & federal government agencies, Defence, and other public sector clients across Australia and around the world. We offer exceptional career opportunities to our people in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and motivating. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and fascinating projects being undertaken in the country, with the ability to make a real difference.