Join our team as a Procurement Officer
We are currently looking for innovative ICT Procurement Officer with consulting and legal experience to manage the end-to-end procurement process for our projects. You'll partner with various divisions of the business to drive cost-effective procurement and drive value for the business through strategic procurement initiatives. Managing requisitions and issue purchase orders, coordinating subcontractor engagement, and ensuring all procurement processes align with business objectives and support the organization's strategic goals. Manage supplier relationships to ensure they meet the needs of the business. Negotiate pricing and contracts with suppliers to achieve optimal results. Monitor procurement KPIs and identify areas for improvement. Collaborate with other departments to optimize procurement processes and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Work closely with project teams to drive the best possible value and develop strong working relationships with all business divisions, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Your new role
- You’ll join us in a permanent capacity and work alongside our team of respected, trusted professionals on some of the most interesting Government and Defence Programs available.
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Have a current Baseline security clearance or able to obtain one
- Previous Defence experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
What you'll bring to the team?
- You will have the same passion for success: The drive to delight our customers, the ability to be seen as the trusted expert in any room, and the vision to convert problems to opportunities.
- Your typical day will include working as part of an integrated TS team to contribute to projects that are important for Australia.
- Taking ownership of commercial advice to stakeholders and managing commercial outcomes with suppliers.
- Being a trusted advisor for procurement, probity, and contract management, bringing together stakeholders (project managers, execs, legal) to influence commercial outcomes.
- Being a positive, proactive individual who adds to the team dynamics and values.
Terra Schwartz is a 100% Australian-owned SME headquartered in Canberra. We work with state & federal government agencies, Defence, and other public sector clients across Australia and around the world. We offer exceptional career opportunities to our people in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and motivating. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and fascinating projects being undertaken in the country, with the ability to make a real difference.