Join our team as a Finance Officer
Do you love numbers more than anything else? Do you want to work in a fun and dynamic environment? If so, we want you! We are looking for a Finance Manager who can help us keep our clients' finances in check while having fun at the same time. You will be responsible for managing their finances, creating budgets, and forecasting future financial trends. You will also be responsible for making sure that we are always in compliance with all financial regulations. If you think you have what it takes to be our Finance Manager, then we want to hear from you!
Your new role
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and control the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements & KPI reports.
- Direct line management of Financial & Management Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and lead on month-end and year-end close process.
- Manage and comply with state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Hold a current Baseline security clearance
- Previous Defence experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
What you'll bring to the team?
- You'll bring to the team your positive attitude and energy, unique skills and knowledge to work within one of our highly skilled Executive Leaders and talented team.
Terra Schwartz is a 100% Australian-owned SME headquartered in Canberra. We work with state & federal government agencies, Defence, and other public sector clients across Australia and around the world. We offer exceptional career opportunities to our people in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and motivating. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and fascinating projects being undertaken in the country, with the ability to make a real difference.