Join our team as a Business Analyst
Are you a data wizard? Do you love solving complex problems? Do you have a passion for making sense of numbers? If so, we want you! We are looking for a Business Analyst who can help us make sense of our data and turn it into actionable insights. You will be responsible for analyzing data, creating reports, and presenting your findings to the team. You will also work closely with other departments to identify areas for improvement and help us make data-driven decisions. If you’re ready to take your analytical skills to the next level and have some fun along the way, we want to hear from you!
Your new role
- Work closely with solution architects, software developers and test analysts to provide an understanding of business requirements and evaluate options for solution.
- Engage with stakeholders to facilitate the population and prioritisation of the Product Backlog.
- Liaise with business SMEs and product owners to understand business requirements for Epics and Features in the Product Backlog.
- Document Detailed Business Requirements for Epics and Features using a range of analysis techniques such as user journeys, use cases, process mapping, process flow diagrams.
- Facilitate workshops as required with business stakeholders and the development team to ensure common understanding of requirements.
- Provide input to the delivery roadmap to ensure requested changes to system are visible to senior management and align with the strategic direction.
- Produce and provide documentation to business to demonstrate how the proposed solution will meet the business requirements as documented in the Epics and Features.
- Develop user documentation to support the use of the solution by business.
- Support the scrum master to promote the agile delivery process and continuous improvement process.
- Support team to set sprint goals and guide team to achieve the sprint goals.
- Engage with business to facilitate involvement in the agile delivery process.
- Must hold an active baseline clearance to apply
- Located in Australian Captial Territory and Queensland
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Business administration or a relevant information technology field desirable but not mandatory.
What you'll bring to the team?
- We are seeking multiple Business Analysts who will work in a scrum team to deliver solutions to Health business problems. You will be responsible for populating the product backlog via in-depth investigation and gathering of technical and non-technical information as well as facilitate workshops with business stakeholders and the development team to ensure a common understanding of requirements.
- You will have the same passion for success: The drive to delight our customers, the ability to be seen as the trusted expert in any room, and the vision to convert problems to opportunities.
- 5 years recent experience as Business Analyst in Commonwealth environment using a range of analysis techniques such as user journeys, use cases, user stories with acceptance criteria, process mapping, process flow diagrams.
- Expertise facilitating workshops between technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience working in an agile software development team.
Terra Schwartz is a 100% Australian-owned SME headquartered in Canberra. We work with state & federal government agencies, Defence, and other public sector clients across Australia and around the world. We offer exceptional career opportunities to our people in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and motivating. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and fascinating projects being undertaken in the country, with the ability to make a real difference.